Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Da Blog

It's been two long years since I set foot in Nippon. ("Nippon" is an alternate of the pronunciation of the Japanese name for their own country, "Nihon," whose characters 日本 mean "original sun" or "day origin.")

Many, many things have changed since August 2014.

Perhaps most important, is, I don't drink. Yup, this entire trip will be conducted with a complete absence of alcohol. Am I worried? Not in the least. All the old triggers and temptations, not to mention routines (hitting up the convenience store at the airport for my supply of lemon bombs as a first priority upon arrival) will most definitely be there, but I'll be creating new routines and new triggers, probably based around the excellent coffee that Japan should be famous for.

The countdown has begun.

My journey begins at Montreal International Airport at 7:30 a.m., Monday, August 1, and of course, I will be blogging every step of the way with photos, movies and cheesy anecdotes.

Tick-tock!

(Note: if you started the blog with the link to this post, perhaps it's best to read all the posts backwards—this blogging platform posts everything in reverse chronological order so the latest is always first. But you'll figure it out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment